Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Make Me A Bicycle Clown

It recently occurred to me that this 10 week training program just might not be preparing us to integrate and work within Romania but to potentially put us on the road as an international freak show. Considering the number of presentations and skits that we have already had to do in 5 weeks, I am truly starting to believe that we are simply here to entertain the Staff. However, as the following video demonstrates, it's not so much entertainment as it might be straight up amazing. I feel, "Dance Monkey, Dance!" best describes our situation. This little clip features part of the ID sector and the amazing language skills we have developed thus far.

I've been fooling you all! Despite my tremendous stage fright, my love for show tunes could not keep me away from drama camp forever!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent "Jazz hands" and side pony tail...that European style is getting the best of you already! :)
-Katie

Anonymous said...

I wish you would leave some subtitles for those of us who are not versed in Romanian!

I'm glad you were able to introduce "more cowbell" shirt to the Europeans!

Love you

Meghan

Joanna said...

Thank you for stealing 2 minutes and 13 seconds of my life from me.

T-Ness said...

WOW! You gotta love that cowbell. I thought you were outstanding at MRA but this was even better and the moves.......what can I say. I think it could go platinum.

Anonymous said...

Napoleon Dynamite's "Happy Hands Club" has nothing on you.

NOTHIIIIIING!


I will be by your side of the world in a few months - got the state department to send me to Tunisia...
From El Napo to Tunisia!
You gotta be kidding...

LOVE YOU!

Gabitch

Mable said...

i like the way you move

sarah said...

LOL! I had to watch it twice as I did not see you the first time! LOVE the pony! I can't wait to see a reenactment live!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It doesn't happen often, but I am speehless and in awe! I knew you had "performance" skills waiting for just the right moment!
Love you sweetie. Mom

Anonymous said...

Ps. When did you get so short?

Danielle said...

So, not quite as good as the performances for Loreli but close. I LOVE reading about your experiences in Romania! Please post a pic of a euro mullet. I like that the cafe/bar you go to everyday looks like it is fenced in. So great. Also really like the bobsleds...did you try out the track? You probably could have outraced the wild dogs.
Love you and miss you! -D