Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blogging The Dream

Recently, David Sasaki from Rising Voices, the organization that funded our Blogging The Dream project came to visit Cȃmpulung Moldovenesc. He met with some of the blogging participants and furthered their technological experience; teaching them how to interview someone and then make a video. The highlight for me (and my parents who were here visiting) was observing the "democratic" voting process to select the topic that would be featured on the video. After clarifying that you could only vote once, there was a clear winner but that wasn't well received by the group so they decided to make a video that would apparently incorporate all 6 options. Here's the final product!



To see David's perspective on his visit to Cȃmpulung Moldovenesc please read his article Blogging The Dream: Mental Health and Healthy Communities

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh... my dearest Miss Humps... I read your blog and I totally understand you - when did I begin to use the workd "Totally"? I've been in Fez for too long listening to the poor undergrads around me whine...
I'm having a blast doing completely routine stuff - I just made myself a pot of soup with some leftover cans and I stole a twig of parsley from the fridge - the girl who got it bought like pounds of it, do youthink she would mind? And then after 10 minutes of not knowing what I was asking for the face of the young dude at the store illuminated: "AH! LIPTON!" Yes, I just wanted some tea bags - no soap, no toilet paper, no, not canned tomato paste.... it's been freezing cold and I needed something to throw into my mickey mouse mug..

Wish you were here chief - the Dick was here over the weekend, I caught the train and met him in Casablanca. It was WOW. Like super wow. He flew back to the "real world" (he had a case in Madrid) but was still talking about all things we saw within the walls of the old city...

Love you,

The Bitch Gabitch