Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Connecting

Last week I had the opportunity to help translate the thoughts of one of our blogging participants in an interview for Rising Voices, who funded our Blogging The Dream project. I feel as if I’m often walking through a fog of confusion because I’m never confident that I really know what my Romanian friends and co-workers are saying. In sitting down and directly translating Geta’s words to English, I was able to see so clearly. After working with her for 2 years, I felt like I finally understood and could connect on a new level, a level that you generally share with only a few. Her words moved me and her strength inspired me.


Geta explained that she titled her blog Singuratate (Loneliness), “because loneliness is the most profound feeling in which I have. I’m convinced that there are many people in the world with this feeling, people who live alone, isolated, without friends, without people nearby to open a door or to say an encouraging word.”


As we hoped to achieve through Blogging The Dream, blogging has become an outlet for Geta; “I would like readers to know that it’s hard to fight with a shyness that prevents you many times from externalizing. It’s hard to keep inside your concerns, thoughts, fears, joys and even enthusiasm. And when I manage to get this all out, I feel more free.”


See Geta’s interview article here.

No comments: