Disclaimer: The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cafea - Not Just Caffeine



Over the past few weeks I’ve started writing a million and one thoughts but haven’t finished one. I just couldn’t find a way to accurately transfer what was in my head onto a sheet of paper nor a blank computer screen. Partially because half the time I didn’t know what was in my head and the rest of the time I felt like I was in a glass cage of emotions. It wasn’t until a friend read my coffee grounds that I even knew where to begin… “it appears as if someone has pooped on your heart but then…there’s also someone dancing next to your heart.” It made perfect sense - why hadn’t I thought of that? It’s all true. One day I’m terrified to go back to all the things that once seemed normal – speaking English, waiting in lines, things that I had often desired for a sense of comfort - but now are no longer my norm. Yet the next day, I’m tickled pink by the simple thought of soon being able to mow the lawn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Boy!!! The lawn mower is all ready to go!!! WE love you Bets!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

OH Boy!! The lawn mower is waiting for you and so are we!!!! Love you BEts.
Mom

Anonymous said...

HEY BETS,
OK, I THINK I GOT THIS NOTE POSTING DOWN. I HAVE NOW SKILLFULLY SUCCEEDED IN SIGNING UP:). YOU CAN COME AND MOW MY LAWN ANYTIME. EVEN THOUGH I LOVE DOING IT MYSELF. BUT IF IT MEANS I GET TO SEE YOU AGAIN THAT WOULD BE GREAT. OK MAYBE JUST A TRIP TO CHIPOLTE. LOVE YA LOTS, YOUR FAIRY GODMOTHER, MISSY

Anonymous said...

Hi Bets
your Mom always did like to say things twice, I have no lawn to mow but want to see you anyway, there will always be chores to do, Oh yes the lawn at the cabin. Love Ya Grandma Squirrel

Anonymous said...

A poopy heart is a bad thing, but one that can dance in the poop of life is not. Go with the latter.
- Rebecca